Monday, 26 May 2014

Warramate Chardonnay 2013

This is almost a case of old meets new. By this I mean 30% of the wine has spent time in oak whilst the remaining 70% sat in stainless steel to retain its freshness.

Citrusy aromas and a touch of almond meal, there's also a little zip on palate. There's a little green apple character too which is something I didn't mind, but this moved on after a while.

Nicely weighted with unmistakable freshness. So smashable! I'd give a food match but this disappeared before any food got to my mouth.

To buy? Yes!

Who: Warramate
What: Chardonnay (13.9% alc)
Where: Yarra Valley
When: 2013
How: $28

www.warramatewines.com.au

Follow me @Qwine

No comments:

Post a comment